Mosquera Abogados represented Grupo Energia de Bogota – GEB, one of the leading electricity services group in Colombia with presence in Colombia and Latin America on a renegotiation of its existing international financing of USD750 million with the private banking community on July, 2019. The capital markets team was led by partner Juan Pablo Mosquera and included Associates Guillermo Gomez, Nathalie Medina, and Juan Diego Jimenez. Successful closing, July 2019.
Mosquera Abogados represented Colombia’s telecommunication services provider TIGO UNE in the negotiation of its USD1 billion counter guarantees with local and international insurance companies and financial institutions, as required to support the award to TIGO UNE of the 5G Mobile Telecommunication Spectrum in Colombia. Successful closing June, 2020. The capital markets team was led by partner Juan Pablo Mosquera and included Associates Nathalie Medina and Gabriela Naranjo.
Mosquera Abogados represented Empresas Públicas de Medellín – EPM, the leading Colombian multi-utility services company with presence in Chile, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico and Panama, on a dual-tranche US$ and Col$ international bond offering closed on July, 2020. The capital markets team was led by partner Juan Pablo Mosquera and included Associates Guillermo Gomez, Nathalie Medina, Gabriela Naranjo, Federico Marin and Alejandro Vargas.
Corporate and Commercial Law Practice
Areas Of Specialty:
- Corporate Law
- Commercial Law
- Doctor of Law: Universidad Javeriana - Bogotá, Colombia 1968.
- Doctor of Economics: Universidad Javeriana - Bogotá, Colombia 1969.
- Master in Economics: F.S.U. - Tallahassee. U.S.A. 1970.
- PH.D. Economics (A.B.D.): F.S.U. - Tallahassee. U.S.A. 1972.
- Recognition of the publication Chambers & Partners Latin America 2011 - 2017 and Legal 500 in Colombia.
Professional Experience Academic:
- Professor of international trade - Universidad de los Andes.
- International Arbitrator of Colombia before the Group of Three. (Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia.).
- Director of Economic Research - Department of Commerce. State of Florida, U.S.A.
- General Director of Public Credit - Ministry of Finance. Colombia.
- Superintendencia Financiera de Colombia.
- Vice President of the Board of Directors of the Bogota Stock Exchange.
- Member of the board of directors of the self-regulatory body of the securities market.
- International referee of the Republic of Colombia before the Group of Three (Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia.) Since 1997.
- Arbitrator of the Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá - Class "A" - Specialized in commercial law (Contracts) and Economic and Financial Law. Since 1989.
- Lawyer economist Partner of the Firm Mosquera Abogados (Legal and economic consultancies and consultancies (From 1977 to date.)
- Member of the Colombian Society of Economists.
- Member of the American Economic Association.
- Member of Omicron Delta Epsilon, Honorary Society of Economists of the United States.
- Member of the Economic Law Association of Colombia.
- Spanish (Native) - Perfect Spoken and Written Management.
- English - Perfect Spoken and Written Management.
Capital Markets, M&A and Corporate Practice
Areas Of Specialty:
- Corporate Law
- Commercial Law
- Foreign Investment
- Columbia Universtiy of New York.
Master in Laws. 1999. Honors.
- Universidad de Los Andes. JD.
Bogotá, Colombia. 1997. Honors.
- Columbia University of New York - Parker School Award, 1999.
- Colfuturo Scholar, 1998-1999.
- Chambers & Partners / Legal 500 – Recognized Practitioner in Colombia and Latin America 2008-2017.
- Colombia. 1997
- New York State 2001
- 2004 – Present
Partner – Corporate and Commercial Law Practice
- 1999 – 2004
White & Case LLP, New York.
Associate - Corporate, Contracts and M&A.
- 1997 - 1998
Associate - Corporate and Commercial Law.
- New York State Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Columbia University School of Law Associations
- Spanish - Native
- English - Proficient. Fluent speaking and writing
- French – Basic.
Corporate Practice, Industrial Property and Health Records
Areas of Specialty:
- Industrial Property.
- Health Law.
- Commercial Law.
- General Corporate Matters.
- Universidad de los Andes, J.D., 1979.
- Universidad de los Andes, Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Emphasis on Management and Industrial Property.
- Colombia –1970
- Mosquera Abogados. Partner. Colombia.
- Diners Club. General Subdirector. Colombia.
- Bank of London and Montreal. Legal Advisor. Colombia.
- National Saving Funds. Financial Director. Colombia.
- Universidad de los Andes. Teacher of the Area of Civil Procedure. Colombia
- Colombian Association of Industrial Property.
- Spanish – Native. English – Proficient.
- Fluent speaking and writing.
Mosquera Abogados advised BCD Travel in its successful acquisition of its local partner operations in Colombia. Successful Closing June 2018.
Mosquera Abogados advised the shareholders of two leading rendering companies in Colombia in their majority sale to a Canadian multinational. Successful Closing June 2018.
Mosquera Abogados succesfully advised the Agence Francaise de Developpement- AFD – in its financing transaction of EUR 230 Millon for the Republic of Colombia´s Climate Change Policy. Succesful Completion – Period July 2018.
Mosquera Abogados succesfully advised Grupo Energía Bogota in the debt management operation related to the call of its international bond for USD750 Million, as well as the financing for said operation with a syndicated loan from the international banking community. Succesful Closing – January 2018.